It's actually coming along quite well, but I've never actually completed such a large project with this particular method: EPP hexies.
Don't get me wrong, I luv luv luv me some hexies. But I've only ever made coasters or mug rugs and stuff like that so far. I've prepped a bunch of tiny hexies that will eventually be a quilt or a wall hanging or something, but I've never made something like this. It's only a baby quilt, but boy, it's a project.
That being said, it's actually much easier than I expected. I used the Sewline Glue Pen to glue baste rather than stitch baste the hexies, I did fussy cut some of them, but that was easier than I thought as well and I've also thought of some easier ways to do that in the future. Sewing the hexies together is actually not bad, and I've sewn them into strips and I'm joining the strips now and that's coming along well.
It's just there's quite a few hexies. 156 of them. And then I've got to figure out what I'm going to use for binding. Hopefully I can purchase a suitable binding. I don't feel like making my own at this point, although it may come to that.
So that's what I'm doing right now. In fact, I have to get back to sewing the things. Enjoy a picture that's kind of hard to see because I made the baby quilt out of the same fabrics I used for my cuddle quilt so the strips are kind of camouflaged. See you next week!